EASY WEIGHT LOSS PLAN & FAT LOSS GUIDE
Our easy weight loss plan is a simple way to help you get started with sustainable weight & fat loss.
For one to lose weight or body fat, you must use more calories than are taken in or consumed. By following this rule, you are guaranteed to lose weight over the long term. The term “Calories in VS Calories out” is often used to describe this rule. Our food intake (what we eat) “Calories In” , is the one part of the formula that we have the most control over. As we have total control over “Calories in”, it should be the main focus of any weight loss plan.
Although focusing on reducing calories is the most important part of any weight loss plan, including both Weight Training and Cardio (Cardiovascular) workouts will always produce the most optimal and quickest results.
- Calorie Reduction Plan – (You are here)
- Cardiovascular (Cardio) workout Plan – (click here)
- Weight or Resistance training Plan – (click here)
Once you are adjusted and consistent with the Calorie tracking/reduction plan detailed on this page, then you can add on the cardio and Weight Training plans.
HOW DO I LOSE WEIGHT? – THE PLAN
So you want to lose a considerable amount of weight or body fat but dont know where to start? Take it from those who have done it, motivation comes and goes so never wait for the perfect day to start your journey. Its also impossible to know everything about losing weight so dont wait until you think you know everything. Its always best to start now and make adjustments as you go along.
We recommend that you use the 100% free MyFitnessPal app or website for logging your food intake, so create an account
- Entering your current stats
- Choose Sedentary for normal daily life activities
- If you currently work out or exercise you may add it in separately for more accuracy
- The first week is just for getting in the habit of logging and tracking, so set your goal to Maintain my Current Weight.
- If you also want to start a work out plan – Please check out our work out guide
WEEK 1: COMMIT – GET USED TO LOGGING YOUR FOOD
For this first week, just log your food intake every day. Don’t think about any calorie goals at this time. The point for now is to get used to the process. Make sure you start reading and learning about the information on your food packaging, if possible weight all of the things you eat and drink, and do your best to accurately record the amount of calories you consume in your calorie tracker.
- If you dont have a food scale its also possible to use your hands to estimate portion sizes.
- Consider getting a food scale ($12 on Amazon) to accurately measure portions, at least for the first couple months of counting.
During this week log every day no matter what. The goal isnt to have a 100% perfect log but to get used to the process. As long as you keep logging, you haven’t quit. If you are going throught hard times but still logging, you’re always back on track as soon as your next meal. Never quit. It is your log but it is never there to judge you. Logging will provide the information to help you gain awareness and have total control of your over eating and your weight. Studies by Weight Loss experts prove that Logging helps lose weight
WEEK 2: TIME TO SET A GOAL FOR YOUR INTAKE
Once you are used to logging, you may start focusing on a calorie goal. In MyFitnessPal enter at most 1 lb per week weight loss, and it will provide you with a calorie goal. During this week, do your best to stay within this goal, but don’t worry if you go over by a small amount. Gradually you will be working toward this first calorie goal in the coming weeks.
- Now is a good time to take progress pictures of yourself.
- Weigh yourself no more that once a week at the same time as your weight will fluctuate quite a bit day to day.
- Enter your weight into your calorie tracker to see the long term trend over weeks/months.
WEEK 3 : MAKING A SMALL IMPROVEMENT EVERY WEEK.
Permanent weight loss only works with a truly sustainable plan. Slow, gradual changes are more effective for developing better eating habits. Drastic, quick changes may get you quick results at first, but you are always much more likely to gain back any weight lost in the long term.
Every week from now on, make a small change to your food intake or lifestyle . Its usually much easier to replace things than to totally eliminate them. Some examples:
- replace the daily candy bar/sugary snacks with an apple or fruit of your choice
- switch all sweetened sodas/drinks for non sweetened sparkling water or Diet drinks
- replace the daily bag of chips with a bag of air popped popcorn
- switch a side at dinner for your favourite vegetable
- order the healthier options at a restaurant you go to often
- Add in 10-20 minutes walks a couple days this week and slightly increase by several minutes every week.
Your logs from the previous weeks are always there for you to see where you can make small changes to get closer to your calorie and weight loss goals.
WEEK 4 + : ADD IN CARDIO AND WEIGHT TRAINING.
– Cardiovascular (Cardio) workout Plan – (click here)
– Weight or Resistance training Plan – (click here)
Some words of wisdom:
- Motivation gets you started but discipline is what will keep you going!
- Never forget that the weight loss journey is a lifelong marathon and never a sprint or quick fix!
- NEVER STOP BELIEVING IN WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH WITH HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION!